Complaints to schools

Schools are required by law to have a complaints procedure which can be found easily.

How do I complain about my school?

If you are unhappy with how an issue has been dealt with at school, it may be worth talking about this with your parent(s). Either you or your parent(s) can make a complaint to the school following the school complaints procedure to try to resolve the issue

What can I complain about?

  • the way a bullying issue has been dealt with
  • if you were given detention/excluded unfairly
  • if you feel you are not getting the support you need for your SEN, mental health, medical condition or disability
  • if the school changes the subjects you wish to take
  • if a teacher or staff member did something you weren’t happy with.